The Crescent Theatre now offers the Emergency First Aid at Work certificate to delegates wishing to be trained in First Aid, either through their organisation or as an individual.
This 1-day HSE compliant course gives delegates everything they need to know and prepares you for an emergency situation both in and out of work – and centers around building an emergency plan should you need it. This course is popular for everyone, from office workers to fitness instructors, to individuals wanting to know some life-saving knowledge at home, all before the Emergency Services arrive.
There will be lots of hands-on interaction and lots of time for practice and questions so you can walk away feeling confident in your abilities, should the need arise. This course is taught by a professional Stage Manager so can be focused in on more scenarios that you might come across in the entertainment sector.
Delegates should be 16+, have a basic command of the English language, and should be able to be on the floor for a couple of minutes. Anyone concerned with access requirements should contact us first.
This course is described as the ‘swiss-army knife’ of First-aid courses as it covers:
- Emergency Actions
- Child, Baby & Adult Basic Life Support (CPR)
- Child, Baby & Adult Choking
- How to use a defib (AED)
- Head, Neck & Back Injuries
- Unconsciousness & Recovery Position
- Bleeding & Burns
- Injuries to the Bones, Muscles & Joints
- First Aider Responsibilities
- Plus lots more!
There are no exams or formal tests for this course, it is all assessed practically. The HSE requires six contact hours for this course.
At the end of the course, you will gain a certificate in Emergency First Aid in the Workplace, which lasts for three years, with an optional refresher course every year, although this does not increase the length of the certificate.
To keep yourself, other delegates, and the instructor safe, we have put in place some extra guidelines to reduce the chance of spreading COVID-19:
- If you are feeling unwell, we can move your booking to another date, please do not attend the course
- Social Distancing of 1m will be kept in place where possible, but because of the nature of the hands-on elements of this course, this is not always possible
- Enhanced cleaning will be in operation, with hand sanitiser located around the venue, extra ventilation, cleaning wipes available, and not sharing of some equipment where possible
Cost: £80 + VAT
These courses take place at:
The Crescent Theatre
10:00 – 18:00 with a lunch break
Please arrive 15 minutes before the advertised start time
Please note, that parking is not included. There is a Q-park multi-story car park next door where we can offer a 10% discount if you bring your ticket to the venue. We also have excellent public transport links.
- Refreshments (Tea, Coffee and Biscuits)
- First Aid Workbook
Please either bring your own lunch or we have lots of shops and cafes nearby should you wish.
Group bookings can take place for our in-house courses that take place at the Crescent Theatre or groups can be booked to go to their own venue but please direct enquiries to email@example.com
Times and Dates can be suited to you with up to 12 delegates at a time.